EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT BRIGGS ELECTRIC
Thank you for your interest in Briggs Electric, Inc. Our family owned business prides itself on it's friendly work place, team atmosphere and commitment to excellence. Currently we are looking to fill the following positions:
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR (Job Posted 9-3-15)
REPORTS TO: Chief Electrical Estimator
Since 1946 Briggs Electric, Inc. has been one of the premier electoral contractors in Orange County, California. We’ve built our reputation for providing the highest quality of work and doing what it takes to get the job done right. Currently, we are accepting applications for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Electrical Estimator with the drive to be part of our estimating/pre-construction team. This position has potential to advance to the Chief Electrical Estimator position.
Prepare detailed cost estimates for proposed new construction projects involving both competitive bid and negotiated type work. The Senior Electrical Estimator shall be able to perform all estimating duties and have extensive knowledge of electrical construction costs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare complete estimates for commercial electrical projects including detailed take off and data entry into computerized estimating software.
• Prepare conceptual budgets and design build estimates including layouts of lighting, power distribution, branch circuitry and other systems.
• Analyze and review drawings, specifications and other bid documents
• Review estimates and work performed by Jr. Estimators
• Interface with suppliers and subcontractors in the preparation of estimates
• Coordinate and communicate with Project Manager during turn over phase of project
• Coordinate with and develop relationships with customers
• Participate in contract review and negotiations
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a high school degree. Electrical Engineering degree or other construction related degree preferred.
• 8+ years of Electrical Estimating
• Experience developing of Design/Build estimates and conceptual budgets
• Experience with analyzing designs and developing Value Engineering Ideas
• Strong knowledge of the NEC and local codes
• In depth knowledge of a wide variety of electrical materials, systems and their installation
• Computer literate in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Applicants should reply to this ad with a brief description of their construction estimating experience and a resume. If you are contacted for an interview you will be asked to give specific examples of how you have performed each of the duties above in your previous work. You will also be asked to provide references from former employees.
Briggs Electric, Inc.
14381 Franklin Avenue
Tustin, California 92780
OR sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Briggs Electric, Inc. 14381 Franklin Avenue Tustin, CA 92780 714-544-2500